Welcome to Warwick Vines Motel

Little about the Warwick Vines Motel Built in the 60’s, the motel was originally named Ikes’s Motel. The building was then owned owned by a person named Ike. The motel in those days included a shop which was situated on the corner of Wood and Wantley St. The roof displayed a large ice cream cone advertising Tip Top ice cream. This is often recalled by visiting guests today. In 2003 the building changed ownership was refurbished and became “The Golden Harvest.”

Based on past history of the region the motel was renamed “Warwick Vines Motel” by new Management, in July 2016.Early settlers, German Immigrants Jacob and Elisabetha Kircher were among the first in the district to establish commercial wine production on a substantial scale. Since the first 1000 vines being planted in c 1864. the Vineyard at Sandy Creek was proudly named after the then celebrated Assmanshausen wine producing district on the Rhine in Germany. By 1876 Assmanshausen was the principal vineyard in the Warwick district producing white and red grapes.

Situated only a short distance from the prominent wine growing region of Stanthorpe, where the first vines were planted at Ballandean in 1930. Warwick Vines Motel owes it’s name to the history of the first vineyard planted 10 kms northwest of Warwick in the Sandy Creek, Toolburra area.In 1920 the famous Assmanshausen Vineyard was renamed, “Toolburra Vineyard” by new owner Henri Macquarie Serisier. The property was sustained until the onset of World War Two when the vineyard fell into decline and the winery ceased production in the early 1940’s.The Assmanshausen Winery residence can be seen today on Serisier Road,Tolburra.The residence was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 6th January 1999

Having a picnic at Leslie Dam or Queen Mary falls in Killarney is always fun.Leslie Dam is a dam in the locality of the same name Leslie Dam, Southern Downs Region, Queensland, Australia. It is 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) from Warwick town center. Freshwater fishing and water sports facilities are available.The Dam was named after Patrick Leslie (1815–1881), an early settler in the region and the first person to buy land in Warwick.On the night of 5 January 2011, the dam spilled for the first time in more than two decades. All seven floodgates were opened. The resulting high waters in Sandy Creek closed the Cunningham Highway. The following day SunWater reduced the release rate after requests by Warwick’s mayor.

The popular Morgan Park boasts not only car racing but Polo Cross, Drag racing and much more.

The Warwick Vines Motel is acclaimed for its clean, hygienic and comfortable accommodation. Book direct and save money whilst enjoying comfort. Continental breakfast is available if required.Sitting on the banks of the Condamine River, historic Warwick – known for its roses and rodeo – features some of the state’s finest original sandstone buildings.Known as the ‘Rose and Rodeo Capital’, Warwick was settled over 150 years ago and can trace its rodeo roots back to a professional buck jumping contest of 1857. Warwick is also famous for its Jumpers and Jazz July festival amongst other events